Expatriate Advice – Advice for companies on international employee assignments
International markets are increasingly converging and cross-border corporate activities are becoming increasingly complex. This is associated with a constantly expanding use of employees abroad or the temporary or permanent employment of foreign employees in Germany.
International employee assignments often have far-reaching tax consequences for you as a company and also for the employee. Questions regarding the treatment of employees’ social security obligations and the correct employment law of foreign assignments must be clarified.
Based on our many years of experience in international employee assignments, we support companies as tax advisor as well as lawyers in all tax, legal and social security issues.
General tax advice
- Advice regarding the taxation of limited and unlimited tax liable employees
- Entry and exit meetings
- Preparation of the German income tax return for expatriates and impatriates
- Preparation of reports on tax issues e.g. taxation of severance payments, subsequent bonus payments
- Tax optimization of assignments
- Adaption of existing payroll and HR processes to assignment cases
- Wage tax advice on stock option plans
- Wage tax optimization for bonus payments after termination of assignment
Labour Law & Social Security
- Drafting and tax optimization of employment contracts
- Review and drafting of assignment rules
- Verification of social security obligations for assignments
- Application for social security certificates
- Social security optimization of assignments
Also interesting: Tax advice for expatriates