Steuerberater Düsseldorf für Expatriates

Tax advice for expatriates

As a tax advisor in Dusseldorf, we are specialized in tax advice of expatriates. We advise both foreign employees of various nationalities as well as foreign freelancers in all tax, legal and social security issues. In order to provide our clients with the best possible advice in their tax matters, special knowledge of both national and international tax law is required, which we bring with us due to our many years of experience in this area.

You need assistance in filing a tax return in another country? We are happy to make contact with our international cooperation partners.

Our services for expatriates

  • Preparation of German income tax returns considering the applicable double tax treaties
  • Arrival and exit interviews regarding the tax optimization before, during and after the assignment
  • Individual tax advice for expatriates working abroad (outbound)
  • Individual tax advice for expatriates working in Germany (inbound)
  • Advice on residence retention vs. residence dissolution at assignments
  • Advice on German rental income when living abroad
  • Advice on cross-border commuter regulations
  • Application for joint assessment, even if spouse lives abroad
  • Filing of appeals and representation in tax court lawsuits
  • Application for German child benefit and parental benefit for expatriates in Germany

Interesting news for expatriates

Filing extension

In general, the deadline for filing a tax return is the 31st July of the following year. If a tax advisor represents you, the deadline is extended by...

Deductible expenses for expatriates and foreigners in Germany

There are many possibilities for expatriates and foreigners working in Germany to save taxes especially when the spouse and the children are living abroad...

Filing an appeal, if the tax authorities take ages to proceed with your tax return!

As soon as your tax return is filed electronically and the tax authorities have all information necessary, generally it takes five to eight weeks until you will receive your tax assessment...

When can I benefit from filing a tax return?

Every year the same exhausting topic arises: the income tax return. Am I obliged to file a tax return? Can I expect a tax refund or do I have to pay additional taxes...

How to deduct medical expenses in your German income tax return!

Medical expenses can be deducted as extraordinary expenses. However, the so called reasonable self-retention has to be considered i.e. medical expenses only can be deducted...


Relocation expenses in Germany

Employees can deduct relocation expenses if the costs are job-related and when the costs are not reimbursed by employer. Expenses for privately motivated relocations...

Part 1: Being self-employed in Germany - Freelancer or trade and business?

When being self-employed in Germany you distinguish between freelancer and trade and business. Therefore in a first step it has to be checked which kind of job is...

Difference between Tax ID, Tax number and VAT ID

In Germany you receive different numbers for different purposes in relation to the German tax system. But what’s the difference between...

Part 2: Being self-employed in Germany - Which taxes do I have to pay in Germany?

When being self-employed in Germany you have to pay several kind of taxes depending on whether you are a freelancer or trade and business. That’s why it is so important...

Part 3: Being self-employed in Germany - Which expenses are deductible?

First it is important to know how expenses influence your profit and your tax burden. In brief, expenses reduce your profit and consequently...

Also interesting: Tax advice for individuals